The Internal Medicine Residency Program created and maintains a guidebook, commonly referred to as the Policy Manual, which is a compilation of various rules and regulations pertaining to every aspect of the Residency Training Program. This information is continually updated and reviewed for accuracy.
In addition to the rules and regulation, the Department of Medicine provides various benefits and educational resources for each resident. Residents receive the standard Update Medical University benefits for Graduate Medical Education trainees. Those include full health and dental plans, malpractice insurance, life insurance, and retirement options.
In addition, the Department of Medicine also offers the following:
- PGY 4 - $63,380.00
- PGY 5 - $66,318.00
- 4 weeks (20 working days) per year as PGY 4 and PGY 5.
- Free of charge for all current and future claims through NYS Public Officers Law.
- Many Options are available, coverage begins on the 43rd day of employment.
- Two Plans- total of $40,000 coverage at no cost.
- The parking fee and your parking location will be determined prior to your start date and an assignment will be made during the week of orientation for those who require parking.
- Free Copies
- Computer Lab
- Department Library
- Lab Coats: 2 coats provided at start of program, 1 additional coat provided each additional year of training
- $300 educational fund per year for each level of training, including preliminary interns
- Research travel awards for projects through Update at Syracuse (subject to departmental approval)
- Reimbursement for presenting at National Conferences
Fellowship Program Administration
- Relocation advise, referrals, general program assistance.
Upstate Medical University has many housing options to meet your needs during your Fellowship Training. Please contact the Office of University Housing to find the perfect place to call home while you experience all that Upstate Medical University Infectious Disease and Syracuse have to offer.
Should you require further assistance please contact Danielle Scott, ID Fellowship Administrator at 315-464-7287 or via email at email@example.com.