Ergonomic Services are offered to Upstate employees.
To find the solution best suited for you, please start with Step 1:
- Recommended Products Specific solutions for your workstation
If you are still experiencing pain or discomfort after completing the self assessment, please move on to Step 2:Please note: UUP and M/C non-classified employees should first contact Melissa Slate, Absence Management Specialist, Human Resources, at 464-4922 or email@example.com for worksite evaluation.
Training and Education
Educational sessions can be arranged for departments or for individuals about the following: Office Ergonomics, Manual Materials Handling and Patient Care Ergonomics.
- Office Ergonomics Class
- Staff Ed TV Videos:
- Ergonomics: Safe Patient Transfer - 327
- Ergonomics: Watch Your Back - 328 (This video is also available at Community Campus in the Nursing Education office.)
- Ergonomic Injury Prevention in Healthcare for Managers
- Safe Patient Handling
- Job-Specific Training Requests, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultation for Layout, Workstation Design and Equipment Purchase for Future or Re-Designed Areas
The Ergonomics Program can assist with planning for departmental moves or re-designs, including evaluating and choosing new products, furniture and equipment. Visit the Recommended Products page for product, furniture and equipment ideas and information.