Educational Benefits for UUP Represented Employees
Website: UUP Educational Benefits
NYS/UUP Employee Course Tuition Waiver
Location: Room 200 (2nd Floor), Campus Activites Building
Phone: (315) 464-5148
Fax: (315) 464-4648
Window Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-4:25 PM
This program waives full tuition expenses for credit coursework taken on either a credit or audit basis at 4-year SUNY institutions. Fees other than tuition are not covered and are the responsibility of the employee. Courses under this program are offered on a space available basis, determined by SUNY, and employees must meet all course prerequisites. Employees in the Professional Services Negotiating Unit (PSNU) may enroll in a maximum of one (1) course per semester and/or special session (e.g., summer session) under this program.
- Obtain the reqired signature from the Human Resources Department
- Once signed, make two (2) additional copies
- Keep one (1) copy for your own records
- One (1) copy goes to the Bursar's Office at the school you will be attending
- One (1) copy goes to the Registrar's Office at the school you will be attending
NYS/UUP Professional Development
Applications for NYS/UUP Individual Development Awards are now being accepted! Activities/expenditures must take place between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. Applications must be received by 3 PM on Friday, December 20, 2013, at the UUP Office, 203 Madison Towers, 60 Presenditial Plaza, Syracuse, NY 13202, to be considered. Electronic or faxed applications will NOT be accepted.Website: Individual Development Awards Program
The Individual Development Awards Program is designed to support a variety of professional development projects or activities by assisting eligible employees to develop their full professional potential and to prepare for advancement.
All decisions pertaining to awarding funds are at the discretion of the program committee and are pursuant to the committee guidelines and subject to the availability of funds.
Questions should be directed to Peggy Lacorazza at the UUP Office, 10 AM-3 PM daily, 315-422-5028.
Website: UUP Scholarships
- UUP College Scholarship Fund: Provides funding aid to both undergraduate and post baccalaureate students attending SUNY campuses.
- The Robert G. Porter Scholars Program: Funded through The American Federation of Teachers (AFT). Programs are available for both UUP bargaining unit members and their dependents.