Educational Benefits for CSEA Represented Employees
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM-4:30 PM - All other times, leave a message with a convenient time for an advisor to call you.
Fax: (518) 473-0056 or (518) 486-1989
Tuition Benefits/Educational Advisement: email@example.com
Online Learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training - Tuition Benefits
You are eligible if you are a CSEA-represented NYS employee (ASU, ISU, OSU, or DMNA) who is receiving a New York State paycheck when applying or a CSEA-represented NYS employee who has been laid off in the past year and is on a Civil Service Preferred List.
The 2012-2013 Tuition Benefits Program provides two standard benefits (tuition vouchers or tuition reimbursements), an unlimited number of Credit-by-Examination Fee Reimbursement benefits, and one Certification and Licensure Examination Fee Reimbursement benefit.
- Tuition Voucher: Provides payment for tuition (in lieu of payment from the student) at participating schools.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Provides tuition repayment to students upon successful completion of coursework at accredited schools. You should apply for the Tuition Reimbursement Program if:
- The school you want to attend is not listed in this catalog or
- The school listed does not offer the location or type of course you are interested in or
- You have already paid for the course and prefer to be reimbursed directly.
- The school must be recognized as an accredited educational institution or proprietary school.
- Credit-By-Examination Fee Reimbursement: Provides repayment of fees (up to a maximum of $295 per exam) to students through:
- Certification and Licensure Examination Fee Reimbursement: Repayment of one certification and licensure examination fee up to a maximum of $300. Reimbursement is available in addition to your standard tuition benefit. Call 1-800-253-4332 or email Partnership advisors at email@example.com.
Skills for Success CoursesTake advantage of the in-classroom and webinar courses contained in the Skills for Success - Spring 2013 catalog. Courses are listed under eight categories. We urge you to work with your supervisor to select the courses most suited to your work and personal goals.
Partner's Online Courses Using the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS)CSEA-represented NYS employees are invited to take advantage of the over 2,600 SkillSoft courses and two Labor-Management courses available through the Partnership's Online Learning program. Employees can enroll in these classes through the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) .
SUNY Employees log in using the SUNY Portal (Directions for logging in using the SUNY Portal ).In the Employee Services Protal, click the tab to E-Business Services and then click the link for SLMS - Statewide Learning Management System.
For help logging in, contact the SLMS Help Desk at 518-473-8087, Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM, or email at SLMSHelpDesk@goer.ny.gov.