SUNY Upstate Medical University offers employees a number of training and professional development opportunities.
Organizational Training & Development
- Upstate Leadership Academy
- Organizational Training & Development Course Listings (OTD) offers employees various professional development classes as well as conducts mandatory training for all staff.
- Training Opportunities for Managers
SUNY Center for Professional Development
Located under the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the SUNY Center for Professional Development creates and delivers customized programs for skill and knowledge development in various technical, and teaching and learning areas.
Organizational Training Book Library
- BLACKBOARD online courseware system provides both mandatory and optional training modules for Upstate staff. New employees will receive their Blackboard username/password via interoffice mail.
GOER Online Learning (SLMS)
GOER (Governor's Office of Employee Relations) provides state employees a number of workshops and online learning modules covering topics relevant in our workplace.
Empire Knowledge Bank (EKB) Online Learning
- Empire Knowledge Bank (formerly Skillsoft) offers online modules you can take at your own pace on computer skills, business skills, and more. To request an account, email OTD@upstate.edu
Educational Benefits by Union or Affiliation
Upstate employees are entitled to tuition and training benefits designated by their union or affiliation (SUNY Tuition Assistance Policy).