Visiting Students: Orientation
Related Policy: E-06 Non-Employee/Contract Staff Orientation and Annual Training
Students coming to Upstate Medical University from other institutions are responsible for completing the following orientation materials:
- Non-Employee Orientation Guide and Completion Certificate:
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Education and Completion Certificate
- Non-Employees will also complete a Confidentiality Agreement and the Upstate Pledge at Payroll when their ID badge is activated, which will be recorded by Payroll in the non-employee's training record.
- ALL required forms should be returned to the department initiating the visiting student request within Self Serve.
- The initiating department shall be responsible for entering into Self Serve Tracker and maintaining all documentation of required education/forms.
- If the department is not able to enter into Self Serve Tracker, a COPY of the completed forms should be sent to OTD (JH Rm 417; fax 4-4400; email firstname.lastname@example.org) for Self Serve Tracker entry.