Payroll Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I contact if I have a paycheck inquiry or wish to report a paycheck error?
General contact information is provided below each link. Please refer to each payroll team's page for complete information: State Payroll Services
Location: Jacobsen Hall, Room 100
Phone: 464-4840 or
Email: Team Email
Payroll Services will confirm receipt of each inquiry within 24 hours. If you do not receive a response within 24 hours, please contact the Director of Payroll Services.Contact: Sandra Delaney, Director of Payroll Services
Phone: 315 464-4840 or
Q: How are Paychecks and/or Direct Deposit Advices distributed?
All held paper paychecks are distributed at the respective Payroll Services window on the following dates and locations:
- For State Employees on Wednesday paycheck dates at Jacobsen Hall Room 100 between 6:30 am & 4:30 pm. All checks not picked up by 4:30 pm will be placed in the US Mail.
- For RF Employees and Fellows on Friday paycheck dates at Jacobsen Hall Room 101 between 8:00 am & Noon. All checks not picked up by Noon will be placed in the US Mail.
- For Student Assistants and Federal College Work Study Employees on Thursday paycheck dates at Jacobsen Hall Room 100.
- All permanent mailer paper paychecks are mailed via the US Postal Service the day before payday. To be placed on the permanent mailer list, please complete the Authorization for Check Diversion form..
- All direct deposit advices are mailed via US Postal Service one to two days prior to paycheck date.
When will I receive my Overtime/Extra time that I worked?
Please refer to the most recent Pay Period Schedule. The Pay Period Schedules list the dates of all paychecks for the year and the dates of exception pay processed in each check.
How do I find out what my current accrual balances are?
You can check your accruals at Self Serve/My Info. You log into Self Serve/My Info with a username and password which will be sent to you via interoffice mail within the first month of your employment.