2015 Application for Teen Volunteers
Teen applications for Summer 2015 for both the Downtown and Community campuses are closed. Check back next spring for Summer 2016 application information. Thank you for your interest.
- Teens must be 14-17 to apply.
- Space is limited. Participants will be chosen through a lottery system; your application is not a guarantee that you will be selected.
- Application closes April 13 at noon; no late applications will be accepted.
- After we receive the applications, applicants will be contacted via email to schedule an interview. Once the interview is conducted, the teen's application will be submitted into a lottery. When the accepted teens are chosen, everyone will receive notification via email.
- Teens chosen for the program will also receive additional application materials with instructions for completing the health clearance prior to orientation.
- Orientation is mandatory. If you cannot attend orientation, your placement as a Teen Volunteer will be forfeited.
Our summer teen volunteer program will have two sessions this summer. Teens will volunteer two full days a week and devote 36 hours for the three weeks.
- Session #1:
Orientation July 7
Volunteering July 9 - 29
- Session #2:
Orientation August 4
Volunteering August 6 - 26
- Orientation July 6
Volunteering July 6 - August 14
You will be expected to volunteer on a regular weekly schedule and devote a minimum of 40 hours over the course of the summer program. We consider this program your primary activity for the summer. Please consider your summer plans to be sure you can make this commitment. The maximum time away from our program would be two weeks. Anything longer than that would jeopardize completion of the 40 hours.
- Make new friends
- Free flu shots
- Annual Volunteer Recognition Celebration
- Free parking
- Lunch allowance