Meds to Beds Program
The Meds to Beds program at Upstate University Hospital makes it easier for patients or families to receive their medications before leaving the hospital. Our Outpatient Pharmacy will fill and deliver outpatient medications to patients at their time of discharge.
Prescription, Delivery, Home
Having to go to the pharmacy can be a strenuous task after a hospital stay. If you choose our service, once a prescriber issues discharge prescriptions, our pharmacy team will prepare it for you. Once your prescription is filled, the pharmacy staff will bring the medication to your bedside. Through this service, we promote medication adherence and support a safe transition from hospital to home.
There is no reason to stop at the pharmacy before heading home anymore.
Our Meds to Beds program fosters increased communication between prescribers, pharmacy staff and patients. Because the pharmacy is located in our hospital, elements that typically slow down the process at a retail pharmacy can be avoided or solved more quickly. Prescribers and pharmacy staff can discuss and resolve issues before you leave so your transition to home will not be hindered.
Meds to Beds Program Benefits
- Provides prescriptions to patient’s bedside before being discharged
- Pharmacist provides private, personalized discharge counseling when needed
- Pharmacy can communicate with provider on alternative therapies that may be covered under insurance while the patient is still in the hospital
- Eliminates stopping at a pharmacy to pick up medications
- Patients are able to focus on recovery