'Sustainable Upstate' Best in Category in Video Competition
The results of the video competition for Second Nature's Climate Leadership Awards are in, and Upstate Medical University came in first place in the "Special Focus Institution" category.
Winners of Second Nature's overall Climate Leadership Awards will be announced in June at the 2012 Climate Leadership Summit of the American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment at American University in Washington, DC.
A total of 18 colleges and universities created and submitted short videos highlighting their climate innovations on campus. Online visitors to the Planet Forward web site voted during a four-week period to determine which campus was the most innovative. More than 14,000 votes were cast – including more than 1,000 for "Sustainable Upstate" and the overall winner was William Paterson University of Wayne, NJ.
All videos are eligible to be featured in blog posts on the Huffington Post and National Geographic's Great Energy Challenge blog, and in Planet Forward video platforms.
Here are Planet Forward’s video winners:
- Special Focus Institution - SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Doctorate-Granting Institution - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Baccalaureate College - Allegheny College, PA
- Associate/Tribal College - Glendale Community College, AZ
- Master's College – William Paterson University, NJ