The 3rd Annual Think Green Fair Is Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Upstate's 3rd annual Think Green Sustainability Fair is 11 am to 2 pm, Wednesday, September 28, 2011 in the Campus Activities Building. The theme is “A Healthy Community Starts With You!” Download the fair poster.
The fair is free and open to the public.
The Fair will feature:
- Energy-saving and healthy living ideas.
- Displays on “green” initiatives on campus and in the community.
- Information on Upstate's Climate Action Plan.
- The Upstate Community Garden.
- Demonstrations, giveaways and prizes that reflect healthy living.
*How to recycle your energy-saving light bulb.
Last year's fair coincided with the unveiling of the Upstate Community Garden on the west lawn of the Campus Activities Building, 155 Elizabeth Blackwell St. The vegetable garden, tended by students who live in Clark Tower, is thriving. Check it out!
Exhibitors include organizations and businesses, colleges, government agencies and many Upstate departments.
- Anastomosis student group
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Environmental Services
- Health Sciences Library
- Morrison Food & Nutrition Services
- Physical Plant
- Property Management
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Student Affairs
- City of Syracuse
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Department of Environmental Conservation
- NYS Parks
- Onondaga Community College
- Onondaga County
- Syracuse University
- SUNY Binghamton
- SUNY ESF
- U.S. Postal Service