The following are recent first-author publications in books and professional journals by Upstate students. Doctoral students in the College of Graduate Studies who finished in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 published on average 4.3 publications (with 2 being first author) that are indexed on Pub Med. These publications have been cited 26.1 times on average.
- Megan Peppenelli et al. Human cytomegalovirus stimulates the synthesis of select Akt-dependent antiapoptotic proteins during viral entry to promote survival of infected monocytes. J Virol. 2016 Jan 6;. [Epub ahead of print]
- Lina Yang et al. Autism spectrum disorder traits in Slc9a9 knock-out mice . Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. [Epub ahead of print]
- Parisa Afshari et al. Characterization of a novel mutation in SLC1A1 associated with schizophrenia . Mol Neuropsychiatry. 1(3):125-144 (2015).
- Jing Bi et al. Effects of FSGS-associated mutations on the stability and function of myosin-1 in fission yeast. Dis Model Mech. 8(8):891-902 (2015).
- Adam Blanden et al. Reactivating mutant p53 using small molecules as zinc metallochaperones: awakening a sleeping giant in cancer. Drug Discov Today 30(11):1391-7 (2015).
- Robert Brooks et al. Coordinate Expansion of Murine Hematopoietic and Mesenchymal Stem Cell Compartments by SHIPi .Stem Cells 33(3):848-58 (2015).
- Ori S. Cohen et al. A splicing-regulatory polymorphism in DRD2 disrupts ZRANB2 binding, impairs cognitive functioning and increases risk for schizophrenia in six Han Chinese samples . Mol Psychiatry. [Epub ahead of print]
- Olessea Cojohari et al. BH3 Profiling Reveals Selectivity by Herpesviruses for Specific Bcl-2 Proteins to Mediate Survival of Latently Infected Cells. J Virol. 89(10):5739-46 (2015).
- Sergio Couoh-Cardel et al. Affinity Purification and Structural Features of the Yeast Vacuolar ATPase Vo Membrane Sector . J Biol Chem. 2015 [Epub ahead of print]
- Anudariya Dean and D.R. Mitchell. Late steps in cytoplasmic maturation of assembly-competent axonemal outer arm dynein in Chlamydomonas require interaction of ODA5 and ODA10 in a complex . Mol Biol Cell. 26(20):3596-605 (2015).
- Darin Dolezal et al. Fly LMBR1/LIMR-type protein Lilipod promotes germ-line stem cell self-renewal by enhancing BMP signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112(45)13928-33 (2015).
- Diana M. Dunn et al. c-Abl Mediated Tyrosine Phosphorylation of Aha1 Activates Its Co-chaperone Function in Cancer Cells. Cell Rep. 12(6):1006-18 (2015).
- Chrissa A. Dwyer et al. Neurons and glia modify RPTPζ/phosphacan with cell-specific O-mannosyl glycans in the developing brain. J Biol Chem. 290(16):10256-73 (2015).
- Aaron M. Glass et al. Connexins and pannexins in the immune system and lymphatic organs . Cell Mol Life Sci i. 72(15):2899-910 (2015).
- Jason J. Gokey et al. The V-ATPase accessory protein Atp6ap1b mediates dorsal forerunner cell proliferation and left-right asymmetry in zebrafish. Dev Biol.407(1):115-30 (2015)
- Jason J. Gokey et al. A Kupffer's vesicle size threshold for robust left-right patterning of the zebrafish embryo. Dev Dyn [Epub ahead of print].
- Gregory J. Goreczny et al. A Simplified System for Evaluating Cell Mechanosensing and Durotaxis In Vitro . J Vis Exp. Aug 27 (102) (2015).
- Ross Gruber et al. The control of reactive oxygen species production by SHP-1 in oligodendrocytes. Glia. (10):1753-71 (2015).
- Matthew Gumbleton et al. SHIP1 Intrinsically Regulates NK Cell Signaling and Education, Resulting in Tolerance of an MHC Class I-Mismatched Bone Marrow Graft in Mice. J Immunol 194(6):2847-54 (2015).
- Jonathan L. Hess et al. The influence of genes on "positive valence systems" constructs: A systematic review. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jonathan L. Hess et al.a Bioinformatic analyses and conceptual synthesis of evidence linking ZNF804A to risk for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 168(1):14-35 (2015).
- Steven D Hicks et al. Exosomal microRNA expression in childhood autism spectrum disorder . Int J Dev Neurosci. 2015 Dec;47(Pt A):93.
- Cherry Ignacio et al. Alterations in serum microRNA in humans with alcohol use disorders impact cell proliferation and cell death pathways and predict structural and functional changes in brain . BMC Neurosci. 16:55 (2015).
- Yaxin Liu et al. Misfolding of Mutant Adenine Nucleotide Translocase in Yeast Supports a Novel Mechanism of Ant1-induced Muscle Diseases. Mol Biol Cell. 26(11):1985-94 (2015).
- Chris Lucchesi et al. Negative regulation of RNA-binding protein HuR by tumor-suppressor ECRG2. Oncogene [Epub ahead of print]
- Ki Lui et al. Regulation of p53 oligomerization by Ras superfamily protein RBEL1A. Genes Cancer 6(7-8):307-16 (2015).
- Richard Mangio et al. The canonical eIF4E isoform of C. elegans regulates growth, embryogenesis, and germline sex-determination. Biol Open 4(7):843-51 (2015).
- Lei Mi-Mi and D. Pruyne. Loss of Sarcomere-associated Formins Disrupts Z-line Organization, but does not Prevent Thin Filament Assembly in Caenorhabditis elegans Muscle . Journal of Cytology Histology. 6(2):318 (2015).
- Matthew R Miller and SD Blystone. Reliable and inexpensive expression of large, tagged, exogenous proteins in murine bone marrow-derived macrophages using a second generation lentiviral system . J Biol Methods. 2(3):e23 (2015).
- Matthew R Miller and SD Blystone. Human Macrophages Utilize the Podosome Formin FMNL1 for Adhesion and Migration . CellBio 4 (1) (2015).
- Mehdi Najafi and P.D. Calvert. Measurements of rhodopsin diffusion within signaling membrane microcompartments in live photoreceptors. Methods Mol Biol. 1271:309-23 (2015).
- Ryan S. O'Dell et al. Reelin Prevents Apical Neurite Retraction during Terminal Translocation and Dendrite Initiation . J Neurosci. 35(30):10659-74 (2015).
- Naman B Shah and TM Duncan. Aerobic growth of Escherichia coli is reduced and ATP synthesis is selectively inhibited when five C-terminal residues are deleted from the ϵ subunit of ATP synthase . J Biol Chem. 290(34):21032-41 (2015).
- Stephen A. Shinsky and M.S. Cosgrove. Unique Role of the WD-40 Repeat Protein 5 (WDR5) Subunit within the Mixed Lineage Leukemia 3 (MLL3) Histone Methyltransferase Complex. J Biol Chem. 290(43):25819-33 (2015).
- Stephen A. Shinsky et al. Biochemical Reconstitution and Phylogenetic Comparison of Human SET1 Family Core Complexes Involved in Histone Methylation . J Biol Chem 290(10):6361-75 (2015).
- Patrick Sweeney and Y. Yang. An excitatory ventral hippocampus to lateral septum circuit that suppresses feeding . Nat Commun. 6:10188 (2015).
- Trista L. Thorn et al. A Cytotoxic, Co-operative Interaction Between Energy Deprivation and Glutamate Release From System xc- Mediates Aglycemic Neuronal Cell Death . ASN Neuro. 2015 Dec;7(6) (2015).
- Daniel T. Tylee et al.Blood-based gene-expression biomarkers of post-traumatic stress disorder among deployed marines: A pilot study. Psychoneuroendocrinology 51:472-94 (2015).
- Neva B. Watson et al. SHP-1-Dependent Macrophage Differentiation Exacerbates Virus-Induced Myositis. J Immunol. 194(6):2796-809, 2015.
- Joel Wilmore et al. AID expression in peripheral blood of children living in a malaria holoendemic region is associated with changes in B cell subsets and Epstein-Barr virus. Int J Cancer 136(6):1371-80 (2015).
- Kimberly Wong et al Efficient retina formation requires suppression of both Activin and BMP signaling pathways in pluripotent cells . Biol Open 4(4):573-83 (2015).
- Forrest Wright et al. A point mutation in the ubiquitin ligase RNF170 that causes autosomal dominant sensory ataxia destabilizes the protein and impairs inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor-mediated Ca2+ signaling . J Biol Chem. 290(22):13948-57 (2015).
- Dongqing Yan et al. Deletion of Stat3 enhances myeloid cell expansion and increases the severity of myeloproliferative neoplasms in Jak2V617F knock-in mice. Leukemia (10):2050-61 (2015).