The student/mentor relationship is the essence of graduate training at Upstate. Our graduate students and principal investigators interact daily.
Peer Mentoring Program
Our Senior Students are matched with incoming students to provide an additional source of mentoring and advice.
A discussion series designed to help incoming students get off to a strong start. Meeting times are 12:00 Noon in Room 3111 of Weiskotten Hall. The 2017 series topics and discussion leaders are:
- 9/1/17 Overview of Student Affairs and Students Resources: Student Counseling Services, and Academic Support Services
- 9/15/17 Selecting a Research Topic and Mentor, Dr. Francesca Pignoni, Associate Professor, Ophthalmology
- 9/29/17 Critical Reading Skills, Critical Study Skills, and Your Rotation, Dr. Gary Chan, Assistant Professor, Microbiology & Immunology
- 10/13/17 Introduction to Bioethics, Dr. Robert Olick, Associate Professor, Bioethics & Humanities
- 10/27/17 How to Get the Most Out of Your Advisor and Your Committee, Dr. Eric Olson, Associate Professor of Neuroscience & Physiology
- 11/10/17 Writing a Research Report, Dr. Jennifer Moffat, Associate Professor, Microbiology & Immunology