The student/mentor relationship is the essence of graduate training at Upstate. Our graduate students and principal investigators interact daily.
Peer Mentoring Program
Our Senior Students are matched with incoming students to provide an additional source of mentoring and advice.
Six Weeks to Success
A discussion series designed to help incoming students get off to a strong start. Meetings times are 12:00 Noon. The 2016 series topics and discussion leaders are:
- 8/26/16 Introduction to Bioethics, Dr. Robert Olick, Room TBD
- 9/9/16 Selecting a Research Topic and Mentor, Dr. Francesca Pignoni, Room TBD
- 9/23/16 Critical Reading Skills, Critical Study Skills, and Your Rotation, Dr. Gary Chan, Room TBD
- 10/7/16 Student Counseling Services, Room TBD
- 10/21/16 How to Get the Most Out of Your Advisor and Your Committee, Dr. Stewart Loh, Room TBD
- 11/4/16 Writing a Research Report, Dr. Jennifer Moffat, Room TBD