SUNY Upstate Medical University has a strong base of scientific researchers and a relevant clinical setting which provides students with an excellent environment to learn and grow. Read More...
Mark E. Schmitt, PhD
Dean, College of Graduate Studies
14th Biomedical Sciences Retreat Speakers
- Professor, Department of Biology, Tufts University
- Vannevar Bush Chair, Tufts University
- Director, Tufts Center for Regenerative & Developmental Biology
- Senior Research Investigator, Forsyth Institute, Boston
- Topic: "Endogenous bioelectric signaling as a driver of pattern formation: the interplay of physical forces and genetic pathways in development, regeneration, and cancer"
Dr. Francis Y. Lee
- Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Columbia University; Robert Carroll and Jane Chace Carroll Laboratories Professor
- Director, Center for Orthopaedic Research
- Chief, Tumor & Bone Disease Service
- Vice Chair of Research, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Topic: "Bone Inflammation and Osteoclastogenesis"
- Assistant Professor of Microbiology and Immunology
- Topic: "Kaposi's sarcoma lesions, more complex than we thought- Mast cells as drives of KSHV oncogenesis"
- Professor of Pharmacology
- Topic: "Preclinical Development of Anticancer Drug from Natural Products"
- Associate Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology
- Topic: "Development of ciliated epithelia in the zebrafish embryo"
- Biochemistry (206-390-8939, 240-328-0155,email@example.com)
- Topic: "Using integrated biology to understand the macromolecular architecture of the RNA polymerase I transcription apparatus"
Wei-Dong Yao, Psychiatry/Neuroscience
- Topic: "Nonproteolytic polyubiquitination in synaptic assembly, function, and plasticity"
Paul Gold, Neuroscience
- Topic: "Making Memories Metabolic - and Making Metabolic Memories"
Kaylen Lott, Alumni/Biochem, SUNY Buffalo
- Topic: "From Upstate to Africa: Postdoctoral research in Trypanosoma brucei"