Core Research Facilities
Core research facilities and resources are essential to maintaining internationally recognized faculty research projects, increasing extramural funding, and providing modern graduate education and faculty recruitment and retention.
Upstate supports eight institutional core research facilities, and four additional facilities are supported and maintained at the departmental level.
Institutional Core Research Facilities
- Center for Research and Evaluation
- Clinical Research Unit
- DNA Sequencing
- In Vivo Computed Tomography
- Laboratory Animal Resources
Departmental Core Research Facilities
Health Sciences Library
766 Irving Avenue
Syracuse, N.Y. 13210
Phone: 315 464-7091
Health Sciences Library provides access to:
- Over 1,800 full text electronic health sciences journals; an extensive collection of eBooks
- Streaming media such as the Bates Guides to Physical Examination
- A variety of online resources such as:
- Cochrane Library
- Krames on Demand
Open access computer use and three computer classrooms are available.
The first floor has more than a dozen computers with Internet access. These are intended for health related research and are open to the general public.
The second floor computing center is reserved for those with Upstate IDs and offers about 50 computers (MAC & PC) with Internet access.
The Library is open, on average, 106 hours per week.