An Innovative Leader in the Management of Alzheimer's Disease.
The SUNY Upstate Medical University Division of Geriatrics has been designated as the Center of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease (CEAD) in Central New York. This Center is supported in part by a grant from the New York State Department of Health and serves 15 counties in NYS. Upstate Medical University has established itself as an innovative leader in the management of Alzheimer's disease. Our experienced team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers and support staff provide:
- State-of-the-art diagnosis and management of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, including memory testing, medication review, family support
- Collaboration with primary physicians and other specialists involved in a person’s medical management
- Specialized care of people with dementia with an active and anticipatory approach to care and support
- Referrals to area agencies for in-home care and assistance, adult day programs, residential care, transportation, and other needs.
- Help with managing challenging behaviors, including wandering, agitation, sleeping, and problems with self-care.