Mission & Values
Creating community awareness to keep our kids safe.
Safe Kids Upstate New York (SKUNY) Coalition is committed to preventing unintentional injury and death of children by:
- Serving as a resource for childhood injury prevention
- Advocating for enforcement and improvement of child safety laws and recommendations
- Focusing on community partnerships
- Engaging our community through outreach and education to keep kids safe
- The belief that unintentional injuries are predictable and preventable.
- The role in providing accurate and on-going injury prevention information to our community.
- The facilitation of a diverse coalition which promotes, educates and advocates for the prevention of unintentional injury using the tools of cooperation, collaboration, communication and coordination.
- The creation of innovative community programs while providing support and reinforcement to the programs of our injury prevention partners.