David V Keith, MD
- Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pediatrics: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Education & Fellowships
- Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics, 1975
- Internship: West Virginia University Hospital, 1968
- MD: University of Minnesota Medical School, 1967
- Family Therapy Families and chronic illness
- Family systems and chronic illness Doctor/patient relationships
Specialties & Certification
- Child Psychiatry
- Adults and Children
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
HealthLinkOnAir Radio Interview5/22/14 Relationships in the practice of psychiatry
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
Keith DV, Connell GM and Connell LC. Defiance in the family: finding hope in therapy. Philadelphia, PA: Brunner-Routledge. 2001.
Prosky P and Keith DV (eds). Family therapy as an alternative to medication: an appraisal of pharmland. New York: Brunner-Routledge. 2003.
Keith DV. The child in the therapist and the old man in the child: psychosomatic symptoms and children. In: S McDaniel, J Hepworth, W Doherty (eds), The shared experience of illness, stories of patients, families and their therapists. New York: Basic Books. 1997.
Keith, DV. Symbolic-experienced family therapy for chemical imbalance. In: F Dattilio (ed), Case studies in couple and family therapy: Systemic and cognitive perspectives. New York: The Guilford Press. 1998.
Keith DV. Family therapy, chemical imbalance, blasphemy, and working with children. AFTA Newsletter. 1998;72:21-25
Souid AK, Keith DV, Cunningham AS. Munchausen syndrome by proxy. Clinical Pediatrics. 1998;37:497-504.
Keith DV & Kaye DL. Consultation with the extended family: Primary process in clinical practice. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America. July 2001.
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/keithd