Teaching Conferences—April 2015
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2014-2015 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation—Dr. Vanessa Orrego
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Emy Abraham
- 9:00 —Chronic Cough —Dr. Fortner
- 10:00—Practical management of preschool wheezing: Meds and equipment choices —Dr. Hingre
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Evelyne Khoriaty
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Victoria Tumanova, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Communications Sciences and Disorders, Syracuse University. Topic: Stuttering Research
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Moubarak and Tarolli
- 9:00 —Cystic Fibrosis —Dr. Anbar
- 10:00—Infants with noisy breathing: Differential diagnosis and work-up —Dr. Hingre
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- 8:00—Pediatric Research Day: Research Platforms (Kinney Center)
- 8:30—Research Posters (12th floor reception area)
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Asthma Diagnosis and Management —Dr. Soultan
- 10:00—Asthma Diagnosis and Management 2, and Peds Sleep Medicine —Dr. Soultan
- 11:00—Teaching Skills —Dr. Botash
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Emad Awa
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker— Allison Holm, MD Dermatology Partners of Western NY. Topic: Pediatric Dermatology
- 8:00 —Peds Derm —Dr. Farah
- 9:00 —Peds Neurosurgery —Dr. Tovar Spinoza
- 10:00—Palliative Care —Dr. Cherrick
- 11:00—PL3 Board Review —Dr. Deluca (12405A)
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
- No Grand Rounds—PAS Meetings
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Megan Pinnamaneni
- 9:00 —Brain Tumors —Dr. Kennedy
- 10:00—Survivorship —Dr. Sima
- 11:00—Lead Poisoning (PL1/PL2) Dr. Hobart and Debra Lewis (Health Dept)
- 11:00-1:00—PL3 NALS Recertification —Dr. Bode (11405)
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, firstname.lastname@example.org.