Teaching Conferences—March, 2014
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2013-2014 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- Education Metric Entry
- 8:00—Grand Rounds M&M Conference —Dr. Nandita Singh
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Hilliary Sismondo
- 9:00 —Peds Cardiology Lecture
- 10:00—Peds Cardiology Lecture
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- Noon—Career Paths for Interns —Dr. Kennedy
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Warmup—Dr. Stephanie Hung
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker: Travis Hobart, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor, Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital. Title: "Antibiotic Resistance and Animal Agriculture"
- 8:00 —Club Med—Drs. Aluka and Oliva
- 9:00 —Peds Neuro Lecture—Dr. Werner
- 10:00—Peds Neuro Lecture—Dr. Eksioglu
- 11:00—Teaching Skills/Chief Board Review
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M —Dr. Stephanie Oliva
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Club Med—Drs. O'Malley and Hung
- 10:00—Asthma Pathophysiology —Dr. Fortner
- 11:00—Sneezing, Wheezing, Itching and Swelling—Dr.Stuart Trust
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Marwan Al Aswad
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker— Leonard R. Krilov, MD, Chief, Pediatric Infectious Disease, Vice Chairman, Dept of Pediatrics, Children’s Medical Center, Winthrop University Hospital, Professor of Peds, SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine. Title: TBA
- 8:00 —BPD Basics for Pediatriciancs —Dr. Hingre
- 9:00 —Treatment of Pediatric Asthma —Dr. Soultan
- 10:00—Pediatric Sleep Medicine —Dr. Soultan
- 11:00—PL3 Chair Rounds—Dr. Welch (Rm 12405)
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, firstname.lastname@example.org.