Teaching Conferences—March, 2017
- NOTE: All resident lectures are in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2016-2017 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Karen White
- 8:15 —Grand Rounds Speaker—Jayne R. Charlamb, MD, Associate Professor, Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medicine and Pediatrics, University Hospital, SUNY Upstate Medical University. Title: "Supporting Breastfeeding: Why all the Fuss?"
- Noon—Wellness Wednesday: Rev. Jane Dasher
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Richard Tyler
- 9:00 —Asthma—Dr. Soultan
- 10:00—Neonatal Pulmonary Potpourri —Dr. Hingre
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 11:30—PL1 Career Path Meeting
- 9:00-4:00—PL2 Retreat
- 12:15—Noon report with residents (every Tues and Friday)
- Noon —Chief Board Review (every Monday)
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Katie Lewinter
- 12:15—Wellness Wednesday
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Rohlfing and White
- 9:00 —Cardio—Dr. Egan
- 10:00—Cardio—Dr. Egan
- 11:00—Child Life Month: Non-Pharm Pain Management During Procedures
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Iman Naimi
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Speaker sponsored by the American Dairy Association and Dairy Council, Inc. Title TBA
- 12:15 —Wellness Wednesday: Make-a-Pillow - Dr. Melissa Schafer
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Trauma —Jen Campoll
- 10:00—Cardio—Dr. Smith
- 11:00—Teaching Skills for Housestaff —Dr. Botash
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Sunny Kainth
- 12:15—Wellness Wednesday: Music and Art - Clare Arezina/Maria Fazzini
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Ashraf and March
- 9:00 —Cardio —Dr. Smith
- 10:00—Vaccines —Dr. Moubarak
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
- 11:00—PL3 Chair Rounds - Dr. Welch (Rm 11405A)
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Katie Lewinter
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speakers—Drs. Joseph Domachowske and Mark Polhemus, Global Health Initiatives. Title TBA
- 12:15—Wellness Wednesday: Food and Feelings - Anne Reagan
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Ryan Surujdeo
- 9:00 —Pediatric Sleep Medicine —Dr. Soultan
- 10:00—Pulm —Dr. Baig
- 11:00-1:00—NALS Recertification (PL3s)
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, email@example.com.