Teaching Conferences—July, 2015
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2013-2014 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- Education Metric Entry
- Intern Orientation, con't —NALS (Marley) and IPASS (12405A)
- 9:00—Intern Orientation, con't (Room 12405)
- Noon—Meet-the-new-interns Luncheon for housestaff and faculty (Room 12405)
- 8:00—Child Advocacy Summer Series: Public Health and Prevention (Interns Only) —Dr. Hobart (Rm 12405B)
- 8:00 —Intern Lecture: History and Physical —Dr. Schafer
- 9:00 —Intern Lecture: Discharge Summaries —Dr. Schafer
- 10:00—Intern Lecture- Lead Poisoning — Dr. Hobart and Debra Lewis (Health Dept)
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- Happy Independence Day!
- 8:00—Child Advocacy Summer Series: Intro to Community Peds and Advocacy (Interns Only) —Dr. Nelsen (Rm 12405B)
- 8:00 —Developmental Screening —Dr. Chang
- 9:00 —PICU 1 —
- 10:00—PICU 2 —.
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- NOON-4:00—ABP Intraining Exam - Room 1210- Weiskotten Hall- Drs. Bowler, Campbell, Borsuk, Khettry, Moradi, Rohlfing, Abraham, Marsh, Zahlanie, Quigley, Smith, Gutierrez, Whitford, Tarolli
- 8:00-Noon—ABP Intraining Exam - Room 1210- Weiskotten Hall- Drs. Beg, Jacobs, Luyt, Vedella, Grand, Jones, Pinnamaneni, Eid, Kainth, Prince, Delaney, Kharode, Sismondo, Orrego
- 8:00-4:00—PALS Course (6 interns - Moradi, Vedella, Rohlfing, Khettry, Luyt, Beg)
- NOON—ABP Intraining Exam - Room 1210- Weiskotten Hall- Drs. Rashed, Ashraf, Krieger, Lewinter, Naimi, White, Thaver, Kwong, Maan, Morse, Moubarak
- 8:00-4:00—PALS Course, Con't
- 8:00—Child Advocacy Summer Series: Inquiry and Application: (Interns Only) —Drs. Orrego, Kwong, Marsh, Grant, Lewinter
- 8:00 —OPD T eam Meetings
- 9:00 —PICU Lecture 3
- 10:00—PICU Lecture 4
- 11:00—QI Curriculum — Dr. Schafer
- 8:00 —Child Advocacy Summer Series: Overview of Public Nutrition Programs (Interns Only) —Dr. Hobart
- 8:00 —Intro to Club Med
- 9:00 —Development 1: Identifying developmental problems in young children—Dr. Lou Pellegrino
- 10:00—Development 2: Special interventions for DD—Dr. Lou Pellegrino
- 11:00—How to Give a Grand Rounds warmup (Room 11405A) — Drs. Welch and Blatt
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Child Psych Lecture
- 8:00-10:00 —Child Advocacy Summer Series: Mandated Reporter Course (Interns Only) —Dr. Botash (Rm 11405A)
- 8:00 —How to Give a Grand Rounds M&M Presentation (PL3s only) —Drs. Andrake and Weiner
- 9:00 —Newborn screening —Dr. Joan Pellegrino
- 10:00—Genetic syndromes —Dr. Joan Pellegrino
- 11:00—Pharmacy—Meghan Anderson
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, firstname.lastname@example.org.