Teaching Conferences—April, 2014
- NOTE: All resident lectures are now in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2013-2014 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- Education Metric Entry
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Aamer Imdad
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Leonard R. Friedland, MD, Vice President, Clinical and Medical Affairs, North America, GlaxsoSmithKline. Title: "Developing Vaccine Recommendations and Policy in the US"
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Brittney Whitford
- 9:00 —Cystic Fibrosis Case Studies —Dr. Anbar
- 10:00—Pediatric Hypnosis Case Studies —Dr. Anbar
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Chris Malabanan
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker: Coleen Cunningham, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Director, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Duke University Medical Center. Title: "Active and Passive Immunization for HIV – Will We Ever See It?"
- 8:00 —Club Med—Drs. Orrego and Malabanan
- 9:00 —NICU Visual Diagnosis — Dr. Bou Aram
- 10:00—Preemie Bowl/Jeopardy —Dr. Roy
- 11:00—Primary Care —Dr. Tim Harris
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Nellie Sadaghiani
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Jana Shaw, MD, Assistant Professor, Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital . Title: "Vaccine Refusal: Tension Between Public Good and Individual Freedom"
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —NICU Pulmonary Diseases — Dr. Bou Aram
- 10:00—NICU Surgical Emergencies —Dr. Barnett
- 11:00—Chief Board Review
- 8:00—Research Poster/Platform Presentations
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Ben Prince
- 9:00 —Neonatal Nutrition and Growth —Dr. Bou Aram
- 10:00—Neonatal Hematology —Dr. Bifano
- 11:00—NALS Recert Course (PL3) —Drs. Bode & Bou Aram (Kinney Center)
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference (Rm 12405)
- 8:00—Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Marwan Al Aswad
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker—Gale Burstein, MD, Commissioner of Health, Erie County Health Department, Clinical Professor, Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY. Title: "Autocorrect: Pediatricians correcting the behavior of teens texting and driving"
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Awa and Sadaghiani
- 9:00 —Peds Heme —
- 10:00—Peds Heme —
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, firstname.lastname@example.org.