Teaching Conferences—April, 2017
- NOTE: All resident lectures are in a single half-day block format. Residents will be excused from all clinical rotations on Thursday mornings from 8:00 Am to Noon
- Teaching Conferences Calendar
- Tentative Grand Rounds Schedule for 2016-2017 Target audience: Health care providers who provide direct patient care to pediatric patients.
- The Monthly Call and Block Schedules are now available on AMION (Upstate, Pediatric Residency)
- Noon —Chief Board Review (every Monday)
- 12:15—Noon Report (every Tuesday and Friday)
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk —Dr. Iman Naimi
- 8:15 —Grand Rounds Speaker—Robert Lebel, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Internal Medicine and Pathology, and Lecturer in Ethics and Humanities; Chief of Medical Genetics, State University of New York, Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital. Title: "Annual Genetics Review "
- Noon—Wellness Wednesday with "Blue" (The Pet Therapy Dog)
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Kuruvilla and Kainth
- 9:00 —Cardiology—Dr. Smith
- 10:00—Cardiology—Dr. Smith
- 11:00—Monthly Housestaff Meeting
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 Talk—Dr. Danyal Thaver
- 8:15—Grand Rounds Speaker— Hassan El Chebib, M.D., Pediatric Infectious Diseseas Fellow, Dept of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University. Title: "Monsters Inside Me: The Kids Version"
- 12:15—Wellness Wednesday (TBA)
- 8:00 —PL1 Conference Talk —Dr. Moshe Roberts
- 9:00 —Pulm—Dr. Fortner
- 10:00—Potpourri of different cases—Dr. Baig
- 11:00—Ethics —Dr. Brown
- 12:15—Noon Report with special guest, Dr. Laraque-Arena
- 8:00 —Grand Rounds PL3 M&M Presentation —Dr. Sarah Marsh
- 12:15 —Wellness Wednesday - Dr. Melissa Jones
- 8:00 —OPD Team Meetings
- 9:00 —Paroxysmal Non-Epileptiform Events —Dr. Rothman
- 10:00—Heme 1 —Dr.
- 11:00—Chief Board Review —The Chiefs
- 8:00—Research Platform/Poster Presentations (Platforms in GCH 11405; Posters in the 12th Floor Treehouse lobby)
- 12:15—Wellness Wednesday: Food and Feelings - Dr. Anne Reagan
- 8:00 —Club Med —Drs. Khettry and Eid
- 9:00 —Child Abuse —Dr. Botash
- 10:00— Child Abuse —Dr. Botash
- 11:00—PL1/PL2 Psych Conference
- 11:00—PL3 Board Review- Dr. Nelsen (Monet Room)
UPSTATE Medical University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
UPSTATE Medical University designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). ™
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all certified CME activity UPSTATE Medical University requires that all planners, faculty and individuals in a position to control the content of an educational activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest that might be perceived as a real or apparent conflict of interest. Detailed disclosures will be made in writing prior to speaker presentations.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, UPSTATE Medical University seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability which might require special accommodations, please contact Cherlynn Clarry, 315.464.5451, email@example.com.