Pediatric Residency Program
Upstate University Hospital - Downtown Campus
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-5800
Name: Patricia Mondore, MA, Residency Program Coordinator
Upstate's innovative pediatric residency program allows our residents to prepare for careers in primary health care, subspecialty training, academic medicine, and community health.
We're a fully accredited medium sized residency program with a substantial referral area. As the only pediatric medical center in 17 counties—one of the largest geographic referral areas in the state—our residents care for a large number of children with a great variety of problems; from healthy newborn infants to adolescents with rare and complex subspecialty concerns.
Our residents come from a wide range of backgrounds and they establish tight relationships with each other and our faculty and staff, as they become part of our family here in Syracuse. We are looking for residents whose broad and diverse interests and backgrounds match well with our team, placing a premium on personality, communication skills and open-mindedness.
Patients come from inner-city underserved populations to the suburban middle/upper class. There are patients from the rural regions of the state to immigrant refugees from Europe, Asia, and Africa. Our residents care for these patients under the direction of a dedicated, accessible, and personable faculty. There's a lot to learn from fascinating patients in a welcoming, yet challenging environment. We have additional international health opportunities available to residents who are interested in this field of medicine.
Whatever your goals, we will help you achieve them. So browse our pages and learn more about our training, our facilities, our city, and more importantly, the lives of the people who make this program an outstanding place for resident training.
Congratulations to the seven of our third year residents who found out that they got fellowship positions for 2019!
- Jake Andersen – Peds Critical Care – Rochester, NY
- Tim Bright – Peds ED, Upstate
- Sashi Goteti – Peds Heme-Portland, OR
- Ripal Patel – Peds Critical Care, Univ of Maryland
- Max Shenberger – Neonatology - NY Med College.
- Ryan Surujdeo – Peds ED, Detroit, MI
- Kim Wells – Peds ED, Upstate
From last year: Congratulations to our six third year residents got fellowship positions for 2018!
- Mike Bowler - Peds Critical Care, University of Minnesota
- Kendall Luyt - Peds Emergency Med, University of Oklahoma
- Avideh Rashed - Peds Neonatology, University of Southern California
- Robyn Borsuk - Peds Heme/Onc, Brown University
- Eric Keil - Neonatology, University of Alberta
- Jasmin Moradi - Peds Critical Care, McMaster University