Research is an essential component of an academic health center such as Upstate Medical University. Upstate possesses a vigorous research enterprise that has grown substantially over the past five years. The many physical and intellectual resources present on campus are at your disposal.
Core facilities, the research interests of your colleagues in other department and programs, and the resources of the Research Development and Research Administration Offices, the Clinical Trials Office and the Sponsored Programs Office, these resources are here to assist you in the development of grant applications and research projects.use them
- Office of Research Administration and Research Development
- Clinical Trials Office
- Center for Research and Evaluation (CRE)
- Find the research interests of individual faculty members
- Research Facilities
- Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects (IRB)
- Committee for the Humane Use of Animals (CHUA)
- Intramural Research Grant Program (Hendricks Fund)
- NIH Training Grants (K Series)
(for surgeons, the K08, K 21 and K 23 awards will be doubled by the American College of Surgeons, and the effort requirement reduced to 50%)
Other resources to assist in your research endeavors
- To Recruit and Advance: Women Students and Faculty in U.S. Science and Engineering
The National Academies' National Research Council recently released a report, "To Recruit and Advance: Women Students and Faculty in U.S. Science and Engineering." The study committee was charged with preparing "a guide that will identify and discuss best practices in recruitment, retention, and promotion for women scientists and engineers in academia."