Promotion and Tenure
College of Medicine
The Standards for promotion and tenure, which are detailed in the documents linked below, were established to guide you as you advance in your careers by providing you with a clear understanding of expectations and criteria for promotion.When the COM Appointments and Promotions Committee (COMFAPC)and the Dean review the applicant's portfolio the overall strength of the portfolio is considered within the context of all demands placed on the faculty member, including academic, clinical, service and family responsibilities.
- Standards and Criteria for Appointment, Rank, Promotion, and Tenure Policy
- Stop The Clock Guidelines
- Departmental Promotions and Tenure (P&T) Committee Policy: Charge, Authority, Operations
- Faculty Appointment and Promotions Committee Policy
- Faculty Utilization, Evaluation, and Feedback Policy
- Faculty Dismissal Policy
- Faculty Rapid Review Policy
- Faculty Renewal Policy
- FORMS: Promotion and/or Tenure
Procedures for requesting tenure
- All tenure recommendations must be presented to the College of Medicine Faculty Appointments and Promotions Committee, well in advance of the one year notification date.
- After receipts of the committee's recommendation, the Dean will make final recommendations to the President.
- The Faculty Appointments Specialist will process the appropriate paperwork, on behalf of the President, to submit all tenure requests to the Chancellor's Office of the State University of New York. The Chancellor has final approval authority for all tenure requests.
College of Medicine Faculty Appointments & Promotions Committee Calendar
|Proposal Submission Deadline||Meeting Dates|
|August 13, 2018||September 13, 2018|
|November 6, 2018||December 6, 2018|
|January 7, 2019||February 7, 2019|
|March 4, 2019||April 4, 2019|
|May 6, 2019||June 6, 2019|
|August 12, 2019||September 12, 2019|
|November 5, 2019||December 5, 2019|