Public and Media Relations
766 Irving Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13210
Map & directions
Phone: 315 464-4828
Fax: 315 464-4838
Name: Darryl Geddes
The External Relations team’s Public and Media Relations officer acts as the official spokesperson for Upstate and is responsible for all contact between the Upstate Medical University and the media. Faculty and staff are should direct all communications from members of the media to the Office of Public and Media Relations.
Upstate personnel and affiliates should contact Public and Media Relations if they:
- Have been contacted by someone from the news media
- Want to promote an event through the news media
- Have received a new grant or award to announce
- Have an article, paper to be published in an upcoming scientific journal issue
- To promote new faculty, employee appointments
- To announce new treatment, procedures or acquisition of new technology.
- Are interested in submitting a letter to the editor (250 words) or commentary (800 words) to local, regional or national media.