Looking for Something to Do?
The Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) provides several opportunities that involve students in the local and global community. An overview of our many signature programs is available here. Click on each program below to learn more details! If you would like to learn more about a program does not have a guide uploaded, please contact us for more information at email@example.com.
As an Upstate student, you are enrolled in the Center for Civic Engagement’s Blackboard course, PRVM103: Service Learning Opportunities. On that site, you may find detailed information about each of our signature programs, including program guides, partners’ websites, news articles, current Service Learning Leaders, etc. At the top of each page is a link to sign up for programs, or you may contact current Service Learning Leaders to express your interest.
All students participating in Center for Civic Engagement programs are required to complete an orientation and abide by the volunteer guidelines and the Code of Conduct.
- Amaus Pediatric Clinic
- After School Tutoring Program.
- C.H.A.M.P (Children’s Health After-school Mentorship Program)
- Geri C.A.R.E (Companionship And Relief Experience)
- Helping Hands for Forgotten Feet (Foot Clinic)
- Medical Education for Diverse Students (MEDS) Program
- Peds Pals
- Peds Relief
- Rahma Compassionate Care Clinic
- Reading Buddies
- Refugee Health Literacy Program
- Safety Net Research Project
- RISE-Upstate Folk Art Partnership
- The CanTeen of Central New York
- Salvation Army Transitional Apartments and Parenting Center
(Extended Hands for Adolescent Mothers)
- University Dialysis Clinic
- Upstate Day of Service
- Women H.E.A.L. (Health Education and Learning)
Visit the Center for Global Health & Translational Science Educational Opportunities to learn more
- Enlace Project – Nicaragua
- AMOS Health & Hope – Nicaragua
- Other Global Health Programs