“Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” -John F. Kennedy
Leadership development is woven into many of our programs and collaborations. We strive to provide students with opportunities that will take them beyond the classroom to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to be effective leaders in transforming local and global communities. Through involvement in our programs students learn about the community, build interpersonal competence, examine the determinants of health, and engage in collective problem solving to bring about social change.
- Matriculation in any of the undergraduate or graduate programs at Upstate Medical University.
- At least one year of volunteer experience.
- A desire to serve in a leadership capacity.
- A desire to receive leadership training.
- Develop and implement meaningful service projects for student volunteers at specific sites within the community.
- Recruit student volunteers to participate in service projects
- Attend mandatory one (1) hour group supervisory meeting each month for the year (August through May)
- Perform a minimum of (64) service hours at assigned site.
- Promote a culture of inclusivity among student volunteers
For more information, contact us at email@example.com
Here is a list of the current and past Service Learning Leaders/Scholars: