Program Brochure & Application
Who is Eligible
- Event must have occurred during one’s active employment or matriculated education at Upstate Medical University.
- Employees and students that have been employed or enrolled for at least six months on a continuous basis.
- Applicants must have a genuine emergency hardship as defined above.
- Applicants are eligible to receive one financial assistance per calendar year.
- Applicants are expected to have already made ordinary efforts to address the hardship. These efforts may include initiating contacts with companies to which payments are owed (i.e., utility, phone, water, mortgage, etc.) to seek payment plans or other accommodations, initiating contact with community agencies that offer assistance and seeking assistance from family members or others.
- Employees defined as for the purpose of this policy:
- NY State, Research Foundation for SUNY, MedBest, Upstate Health Providers (UHP), and PBANYS
- Must work a minimum of 16 hours per week or 32 hours per pay period
- Employees must not be on an unauthorized leave of absence
- Students defined as for the purpose of this policy:
- Matriculated students attending at least part-time