Pediatric Emergency Department
Contact InformationMedical Director: Richard Cantor, MD, FAAP, FACEP
Upstate University Hospital - Downtown Campus
Map, directions, and building directory
2nd Fl., East Wing, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210
Phone: 315 464-5565
Fax: 315 464-6521
Insurance Info: Insurance Info
The Pediatric Emergency Department at Upstate Medical University is a 12 bed emergency department with physicians specially trained in pediatric emergency medicine. We are the only dedicated pediatric emergency department and Level I Trauma Center in the region and, as such, specialize in the care of ill and injured children.
Our mission is to provide...
- Courteous, competent, and compassionate care to any ill or injured child.
- A caring, comfortable, and as painless an emergency department experience as possible.
- Education so that parents/guardians have an understanding of their child's illness or injury and an understanding of ways to prevent further illnesses or injuries in the future.
We speak a child's language yet relate to adults for assessment, teaching, and referrals. We provide the necessary knowledge to allow parents/caretakers to successfully impact their children's health outcomes. We ensure comfort, pain relief, and empathy for our children and families. Finally, we spend time ensuring that parents/caretakers understand exactly what is wrong with their child and what they must do to facilitate optimal outcomes.
In an Emergency,
- Adult Emergency Department:
- Pediatric Emergency Department: