(Un)Safe Spaces: Dialogues on Community, Culture and Healthcare
The (Un)safe Spaces Series consists of facilitated conversations exploring social justice issues and their relationships to healthcare disparities. These conversations will be opportunities to share your experiences, learn from others, and discuss student life at Upstate.
We invite students to consider viewpoints that differ from their own and challenge you to step outside of your comfort zone. Students will work toward gaining the skills needed to communicate about these challenging topics in hopes of developing cultural humility. The (Un)safe Spaces series is a Student Affairs and Upstate Student Government (USG) initiative.
The 2018-2019 meeting schedule is currently in development and will be posted soon.
Top 5 Reasons to come to (Un)safe Spaces!
- Increased personal and social awareness
- Exciting and engaging conversations about your passions
- Learn best practices when working with patients
- Gain confidence when talking about challenging topics
- DELICIOUS FOOD! We always provide dinner!
Any questions or concerns? Please contact Sharon Huard.