Our MissionThe Office of Multicultural Affairs works to enroll and retain historically underrepresented students and provides an educational environment that supports the development of all students to become culturally proficient healthcare providers and researchers.
Diversity Education and Special Events
The Office of Multicultural Affairs promotes optimum health in a multicultural society by training faculty, staff and students. Community education includes skills-training which helps resolve conflict and reduce discrimination. Through cultural experiences and education, the office supports a diverse environment in the Upstate community.
- Black History Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Latino Heritage Month
- Women’s History Month
- Elizabeth Blackwell
- Sarah L Fraser Day
OMA Assists the Office of Admissions
- OMA assists the offices of admissions by representing UMU at various programs through the northeast to recruit population that are underrepresented in healthcare.
- OMA also provides pre and post advisement of those students populations.
- Connecting with current underrepresented students, alumni, faculty and staff who may have had the same questions you have when they considered SUNY Upstate Medical University.
- SUNY Upstate Medical University provides a variety of elective course offerings that explore healthcare as it relates to culture, literature, and ethics.