Diversity Education & Special Events
The Office of Multicultural Affairs promotes optimum health in a multicultural society by training faculty, staff and students. Community education includes skills-training which helps resolve conflict and reduce discrimination. Through cultural experiences and education, the office supports a diverse environment in the Upstate community.
- Black History Month
- Native American Heritage Month
- Latino Heritage Month
- Womens History Month
- Elizabeth Blackwell
- Sarah L Fraser Day
OMA Assists the Office of Admissions
- OMA assists the offices of admissions by representing UMU at various programs through the northeast to recruit population that are underrepresented in healthcare.
- OMA also provides pre and post advisement of those students populations.
- Connecting with current underrepresented students, alumni, faculty and staff who may have had the same questions you have when they considered SUNY Upstate Medical University.
- SUNY Upstate Medical University provides a variety of elective course offerings that explore healthcare as it relates to culture, literature, and ethics.