FAFSA School Code: 002840
TAP Codes: BS—0890
December 23, 2014 7:00pm
December 30, 2014 7:00pm
January 8, 2015 6:00pm
January 13, 2015 12:00pm
January 14, 2015 11:30am
Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right…
- To know what financial aid programs are available at your school.
- To know the deadline for submitting applications for each of the financial aid programs available.
- To know how financial aid will be distributed, how decisions on that distribution are made, and the basis for these decisions.
- To know how your financial need was determined. This includes how costs for tuition and fees, room and board, travel, books and supplies, personal and miscellaneous expenses, etc. are considered in your budget.
- To know what resources (such as family contribution, other financial aid, your assets, etc., ) were considered in the calculation of your need.
- To know how much of our financial eligibility for financial aid has been met.
- To request an explanation of the various programs in your student aid package.
- To know your school's refund policy.
- To know what portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid, and what portion is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know what the interest rate is, the total amount that must be repaid, the payment procedures, the length of time you have to repay the loan, and when repayment is to begin.
You are responsible…
- To complete all application forms accurately and submit them on time to the right place.
- To provide correct information. In most cases, misreporting information on financial aid application forms is a violation of law and may be considered a criminal offense which could result in indictment under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- To return all additional documentation, verification, corrections, and/or new information requested by either the Financial Aid Office or the agency to which you submitted your application.
- For reading and understanding all forms that you are asked to sign and for keeping copies of them.
- For all agreements that you sign, including repayment of all student loans.
- To perform the work that is agreed upon in accepting a Federal College Work-Study award.
- To be aware of and comply with the deadlines for application or reapplication for aid.
- To be aware of your school's refund procedures.