FAFSA School Code: 002840
TAP Codes: BS—0890
Financial Literacy Resources
Financial Literacy Sites:
- SUNY Smart Track
- AAMC FIRST - although this was formatted for medical students, there is great information for all students.
- CashCourse – a comprehensive personal financial training site with a great deal of valuable information. This free site offers tools and strategies to help you learn to get the most out of your money.
- Smart About Money - A broad-based site for adults in all phases of life—from training through retirement.
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy - A comprehensive site with specific sections for college students, working adults, veterans, and more.
- My Money – Financial Education -> A federal site combining information from twenty-one different federal agencies and departments.
- 40 Money Management Tips for Students - A site dedicated to college students, and particularly those students who are under twenty-four years of age.
Managing Your Personal Finances:
- Identity Theft - The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) site has information about preventing identity theft and recovering from identity theft should you ever become a victim for it.
- Guide to Credit Cards - A Federal Reserve System site credit cards, from interest rates and fees to repayment options (also has some Spanish content).
- America Saves - A not-for-profit site dedicated to helping people save money, reduce debt, and gain wealth.
- Feed the Pig - A site to strategies for saving money.
Your Credit Report:
You are entitled to 3 FREE credit reports annually. Your credit history can be reported to any or all of the credit agencies listed below.