If you have difficulty accessing these files, please contact Academic Support Services at: 315 464-8851
Location:Room 0217, Weiskotten Hall
Phone: 315 464-8851
Email: AcademicSupport@upstate.eduor GrandinM@upstate.edu
What is Peer Tutoring?
Peer tutors work one-on-one with their fellow students, offering academic support and expertise in an informal setting. For students experiencing difficulty with their course work, peer tutors are an important resource because they can offer individualized help.
Request Academic Support Services (inclucing peer tutoring):
How do I become a tutor?
To volunteer as a tutor, fill out the Volunteer Tutoring Form and return it to Academic Support Services:
- Room 0217, Weiskotten Hall
- Email: AcademicSupport@upstate.edu
In addition to helping your classmates, peer tutoring provides leadership opportunities and excellent CV experience.
(Open to ALL students in ALL colleges.)
Thank you for your help!
Notes for College of Medicine (COM)
Volunteer or receive elective credit in the basic sciences
- COM tutors must have received Honors or High Pass in the course in which they seek to tutor.
- COM peer tutors can volunteer their time or they can receive basic science elective credit.
- If a COM tutor wishes to receive elective credit:
- Register on ISIS – INTD 9427: Peer Tutoring in Basic Sciences.
- Contact Academic Support Coordinator.
- 40 hours of tutoring (including any time spent in preparation for each tutoring session) = 1 credit hour.
- Hours log: You must report your hours to the tutor coordinator on a weekly basis to receive credit.
- You are not bound to the number of credits that you originally signed up for. Credit will be adjusted at the end of the semester based on logged hours.