Read More >
International Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Technology (IIBMST) Holds First Meeting
of Biomedical Sciences and Technology
Biomedical researchers from around the world convened at the Upstate Medical University campus this summer for the first international meeting of the International Institute of Biomedical Sciences and Technology (IIBMST).
The IIBMST was created in 2009 by its three founding universities:
- SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in Haifa, Israel
- National Cheng Kung University in Tainan City, Taiwan
The IIBMST is an "institute without walls" that fosters collaboration between academic disciplines, research areas and industry. The IIBMST is in its enrollment phase of membership which is open to faculty members from an accredited institution who have interests in these research areas:
- Infectious Disease and Emerging Pathogens
- Disorders of the Nervous System
- Diabetes, Metabolic Disorders and Cardiovascular Disease
- Phamacogenetics and Personalized Medicine
- Regenerative Medicine and Tissue Engineering
Members include researchers connected with Upstate's Cancer Research Institute and Director Ziwei Huang is the focus group leader for cancer. For more information visit the IIBMST website.