SACON Meeting, April 10, 2002 at 3:00 PM, 103 Weiskotten Hall
Submitted by Tish McNally , Co-President SACON.
- Becky, Tish and Shelly Clark thanked SACON for contributing to their registration
fees for the NYSNA Legislative Workshop in Albany, NY, March 10 & 11,
2002. They gave an overview of their experiences and important proposed nursing
legislation before the Assembly and Senate.
- The meeting was opened to the student/ faculty forum. Students posed questions
to the faculty and made some valuable suggestions. The faculty made clear
that ideas pertaining to the course content of Psych/soc nursing, Policy and
Politics, and other current courses garnered from a recent course eval survey
were being closely reviewed and considered. A suggestion was raised regarding
inclusion of Pharmacology at the BSN level. The required clinical hours for
community nursing were questioned. More formal inclusion of APA format was
suggested. Discussion of online course offering, specificly Bio-Statistics,
took place. Dr. Szigeti and Susan Bastable were receptive and helpful.
- SACON will be represented at the incoming student orientation on June 12th,
2002. The aim is to have SACON serve in a mentorship role for new undergrads
and grads to ease the introduction into our BS and MS programs and familiarize
new students with the campus, services and CON. Requests for volunteers to
attend a SACON welcome table will be made by Becky and Tish. Anyone interested
in helping may contact Tish at email@example.com
- Budget for SACON 2002-2003 will be submitted soon. There are tenative plans
for a Spring 2003 SACON sponsored conference, SACON scholarship, December
Graduate Recognition, Community Action Project, possible contribution for
those interested in attending the NYSNA legislative workshop.
- A suggestion was adopted that textbooks available for sale or loan can be
posted on the SACON announcement page. Please feel free to enter announcements
and pass the word that this service is now available.
- Representatives to attend the Undergrad Student Council meetings every other
Wednesday at 5:30p are being sought. If you can help with obligation to the
student council, please contact Tish McNally
or Becky Dockstater or Meega
- Sacon will be available at the August, 2002 CON orientation also.