SACON Meeting Minutes, January 12, 2011
SACON Committee members present
- Elijah Dut-co-president
- Colleen Drenckhahn- Activities Chairperson
- Kathleen McDonnell- Organizing secretary
- Colleen Bud- General Secretary
- Shelly Peters- Treasurer
Other SACON members in attendance
- Laura Osika-Michales
- Nicole Levy
- Jennifer Hughes
- Hannah Husiac
- Joy Ezomo
Prior to the opening of the meeting, Dean Szigeti addressed the meeting attendees to inform them of the opportunity to choose a key note speaker for the 2011 Commencement Ceremony in May. Dean Szigeti has requested that suggestions be sent to her by February 1, 2011, in order for her to make arrangements ASAP. An email with be drafted and sent to all graduating CON students asking for their recommendations.
Meeting opened at 1525 by Elijah Dut
- The fundraiser has been on hold as the design must meet approval of the Upstate Marketing and Branding Department. Colleen Bud has attempted to contact Leah Caldwell to see if progress has been made after Colleen submitted our original design for review. No responses have been returned, however Colleen Bud will continue to pursue contact and information regarding the development of this fundraiser.
- Elijah Dut thanked SACON members that participated in the coat check on December 11, 2010 from 6pm to midnight.
- SACON members who participated included:
- Colleen Drenckhahn
- Laura Osika-Michales
- Carlos Sanchez
- Elijah Dut
- Colleen Bud
- Katie McDonnell
- Shelly Peters
- From the Gala Coat Check $700.35 was raised and deposited into the SACON account #7260 on 12/13/10 by Colleen Bud.
- SACONàScheduled 2nd week of February, elections will be held for SACON committee positions including:
- Co-President - if co-presidency remains
- There is question as to whether or not there should be co-president positions again this year. The intention of joint positions is to have more student involvement within the organization and allow for appropriate representation during absences and scheduling conflicts.
- USG - March-April, elections will be held for USG representative positions including:
- 3 CON representatives
- 1 USG Vice-President
- Joy Ezomo stated that she will be able attend the USG meeting if it is held Wednesday evenings.
*It is important to have representation at the USG meetings because SACON’s budget is determined based on our participation within USG. At least one SACON member needs to be present at the meeting, so that the annual budget funds can be released.
- Canned Food Drive sponsored by the CON and Team UpstateàMarch 7-18
- To benefit local food pantries.
- Heart Walk/Run (3 miles) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at Long Branch Park in Liverpool.
- Benefits the American Heart Association.
- Elijah Dut responded to Becky Cerio in Marketing to reserve a spot for a CON team.
- Nicole Levy volunteered to be a team captain for the event.
- According to Hannah Husiac, there will be an informational luncheon for Nicole to attend. Team member sign-up is completed online and there is a minimum $25 donation.
SACON Activity Ideas
- Midnight snowshoeing gathering with family at Beaver Park as proposed by Colleen Drenckhahn
- Snowshoes can be rented—Colleen D. will gather additional information.
- Small scale gala party at a hotel for students and significant other
- Another “mixer” at Phoebe’s with our families
50th Anniversary CON Celebration
(Below is an overview provided by Cheri Allen in December 2010 Meeting)
Kathleen McDonnell will be gathering additional information regarding this upcoming event.
- Saturday, March 26, 2011 at the Genesee Grand with Luncheon at the Institute of Human Performance (IHP).
- The Alumni Association Board, Barbara Black, and Dean Szigeti are working in collaboration to plan the event.
- Event Overview
- Registration at Genesee Grand ~0930
- Campus Tour (Library, Setnor, Skills Lab, old/proposed CON locations)
- Golisano Children’s Hospital Tour
- Lunch at IHP
- Educational Programs (Institute of Medicine guest speaker, genetics & genomics by Carol Ann Kozik, poster presentation.
- Dinner reception with awards ceremony and retrospective video
- Request for SACON participation during celebration
- Registration assistance
- CON fundraiser
- Suggestions included Chinese raffle, 50/50 raffle, raffle baskets, providing order forms at event
- SACON members suggested that orders be placed at the event via computers. SACON committee members would provide computers and order for attendees.
Next SACON Meeting
Monday, February 7, 2011 at 3:15-4:00 p.m.
Location Setnor 4507
1650 Meeting adjourned