SACON Meeting, Friday, November 4th, 2005 at 5:43 pm, at Wegmans in Fairmount
Total attendance: Tara Kochanek, President; Tammy Balamut, Vice President;
Liz Malcolm, Elvira Szigeti, DON, and Maria Wheelock
On Friday, November 4th, 2005, the first SACON meeting for the 2005-2006 school year was called to order at 5:43 pm.
SACON Food & Coat Drive
- Dr. Szigeti suggested the use of a flickering/flashing icon on the CON website to promote the food and coat drive.
- There is a great need for men's underwear and socks.
- Liz Malcolm will notify Jacobson Hall residents and the GSC about the food and coat drive.
Parking Lot Fundraiser
- On November 12, 2005. Volunteers are to meet in the "B: lot at 0900.
- The parking lot without a gate will get filled first.
- More volunteers are needed.
- Volunteers should bring their cell phone to allow better communication between them.
Graduation Party Committee
- Date is determined by the graduates, Dr. Szigeti's schedule, and the availability that's offered by the restaurant.
- Starts at 5:00pm and ends at 7:00pm.
- Children are welcomed.
- Weekdays are more favorable.
- Tara has pending letters out to community businesses asking for donations. Tara will follow up with these businesses via a phone call.
- Maria will look into another vendor for SACON merchandise. A vendor who is known for creations such as aprons and umbrellas.
- Promote the selling of SACON shirts and tote bags with the use of the flickerin/flashing icon on the CON website.
Next SACON meeting to be held on December 2nd, 2005 at 5:30pm, 2nd
floor of the Wegmans in Fairmount. Meeting was adjourned at 6:20pm.