RN to Bachelor's Early Admission Program
The deadline for completion of Upstate's College of Nursing application and submission of supporting documents is March 1st.
Through our RN to Bachelor's Early Admission Program, students can apply to SUNY Upstate's College of Nursing at the same time they apply to an associate's degree nursing program. Students accepted to the RN to Bachelor's Early Admission program are guaranteed a spot in our BS nursing program providing they meet the conditions outlined in their letter of acceptance: completion of an associate's degree, 2.8 or better cumulative GPA, and completion of all prerequisites.
- A strong record of achievement in high school math and science courses, with at least three years of Regents or honors level courses in both areas. Students should be in the top 25 percent of their high school class.
- Volunteer or observational experience in nursing, or participation in a Health Explorers Post or New Visions program is recommended.
Accepted Students Must
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale during their first two years of college.
- Complete all prerequisites
NOTE: these links will take you away from the Upstate website. Please use your "back" button to return.
How to Apply: RN to Bachelor's Early Admissions Program
Students applying to the Early Admission Program must submit the following documents to:Office of Student Admissions
SUNY Upstate Medical University
Admissions & Financial Aid
766 Irving Ave
1213 Weiskotten Hall
Syracuse, NY 13210
- Apply Online
- Official High School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation
Students must submit applications to the associate degree in nursing programs of their choosing independently of their application to Upstate Medical University. The Application deadline for early admission is March 1st. A SUNY application and deposit will be required in the fall, one year prior to the intended date of entry. The Admissions Office will notify you when it is time to submit these documents.