The faculty at the College of Nursing will prepare you for a fulfilling career in practice, education and research. We are at the forefront of new ventures in nursing education.
Articles of Interest
Note: these links will take you away from the Upstate website. Please use your "back" button to return.
- Davis, M., Sawin, K. & Dunn, M. (1993). Teaching strategies used by expert nurse practitioner preceptors: A qualitative study. Journal of the American Academy Nurse Practitioners, 5(11), 27-33. (On back order from the library)
- Myrick, F. and Yonge. O. (2002). Preceptor questioning and student critical thinking. Journal Professional Nursing, 18, 176-181.
- Oerman, M. (1997). Evaluating critical thinking in clinical practice. Nurse Educator, 22(5), 25-28.
- A brief article (1½ pages) entitled "How to Make Teaching in the Office More Time Efficient" may be found at the American College of Physicians web site acponline.org/journals/news/jul-aug03/teaching.htm .
- An article on "The Nurse Preceptor" and links to other preceptor resources may be found at http://www.leadingtoday.org/weleadinlearning/jrapr03.htm .