The Jim and Dede Walsh Family Birth Center
The Jim and Dede Walsh Family Birth Center offers you—the expectant mother and your family—a comfortable, relaxing environment. Your care will be overseen by a team of highly-trained, experienced health care providers available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The team offers compassionate one-on-one nursing care that both is meticulous and personal. An advanced nurse practitioner is available 24/7 should your newborn have any special needs.
Contact InformationUpstate University Hospital
4900 Broad Road
Syracuse, NY 13215
Labor and Delivery: (315) 492-5573
Post-partum: (315) 492-5577
Nursery: (315) 492-5575
For a physician referral, please call Upstate Connect at 315-464-8668 or toll free at 800-464-8668.
The family birth center includes:
- Three triage rooms for evaluation
- Six spa-like private labor, delivery and recovery suites
- Two surgical delivery rooms for obstetric complications and Cesarean deliveries
- Level I Nursery
- An 18 bed all private room mother-baby unit.
Your room at the center will include:
- State-of-the-art birthing bed
- Large Jacuzzi
- Cable TV with DVD/CD player
- Wireless internet access
- Comfortable sleeper chair for a guest who wishes to stay overnight
- Nurses and lactation consultants are also available to help you learn about breastfeeding.
- Neonatologists and nurse practitioners are readily available to help care for the newborn, as well as actively consult and collaborate with the new mother.
- Pharmacists offer advice on safety of drugs for the pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Language interpreters are available.