The public safety department is located adjacent to the main lobby of the hospital. You can easily find your way to the office by walking in through the main doors of the hospital and taking your first right. The door to the security office will be straight ahead and will have a sign above it.
The public safety department performs a variety of tasks including:
- After hours passes - passes are made available to individuals visiting patients in the hospital after 8:00 p.m.
- Escorts for individuals to their vehicle after hours or whenever necessary (service available for visitors and staff)
- 24-hour surveillance of the property using cameras and walking patrols by officers to provide a safe environment for patients, visitors and employees.
- Lost and Found - items can be retrieved by coming to security and signing for the items after showing ID.
- Security provides assistance to staff, patients and visitors with a variety of issues.
- Emergency call and alarm response.
A New York State certified security officer is available 24 hours a day seven days a week.
Contact InformationUniversity Police Department
Phone: (315) 492-5511