Cafeteria & Food Services
The Food and Nutrition Services department provides food service for Upstate University Hospital Community Campus's inpatients, visitors and staff. The department's nutritional professionals also offer the following clinical nutrition services:
Upstate University Hospital - Community Campus
4900 Broad Road
Syracuse, NY 13215
Map & direction
Phone: 315 492-5509
Fax: 315 492-5276
- Assessment and care-planning for critically ill patients
- Instructing inpatients on diet modification
- Recommending formulas for patients who require tube feeding
- Registered, licensed professionals are involved in providing total parenteral nutrition, an intravenous method of feeding patients high levels of nutrients.
- Outpatient nutrition counseling is available to the community through our Health Education Department.
Meal service for hospital inpatients begins with breakfast at 7:40 a.m., lunch at 11:30 a.m., and dinner at 4:30 p.m. In-between meal service is available upon request. For inpatient nutrition related questions, call (315) 492-5506. For outpatient nutrition related questions call (315) 492-5152.
The Hospital Cafeteria Service hours are as follows:
- Breakfast: 6:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m., weekdays
- Hot Lunch:
11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., weekdays
11:15 a.m.-2:00 p.m., weekends and holidays
- Cold Lunch/Snacks:
11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. weekdays
11:15 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. weekends and holidays
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., seven days a week
Catering service is available for various functions held at the hospital. Questions regarding catering and/or the cafeteria can be directed to (315) 492-5062.