Major Research Areas
Researchers in the College of Graduate Studies focus their efforts where it truly matters—on the diseases and illnesses that affect many people. Much of our research activity is grouped into four areas of concentration: cancer; infectious diseases; disorders of the nervous system; and diabetes, metabolic disorders and cardiovascular diseases.
Dawn Post, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Urology
Cancer treatments. My lab is currently investigating two different cancer therapy approaches: (1) oncolytic viruses and (2) inhibitors of the EGFR/Her pathway.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
- Kalman, B., Szep, E. Garzuly, F., and Post, D.E. (2013) Epidermal growth factor receptor as a therapeutic target in glioblastoma. NeuroMolecular Medicine, in press.
- Longo, S.L., Padalino, D., McGillis, S., Petersen, K., Schirok, H., Politz, O., Canute, G.W., and Post, D.E. (2012) Bay846, a new irreversible small molecule inhibitor of EGFR and Her2, is highly effective against malignant brain tumor models. Investigational New Drugs 30, 2161-72.
- Longo, S.L., Griffith, C., Glass, A., Shillitoe, E.J., and Post, D.E. (2011) Development of an oncolytic Herpes Simplex Virus using a tumor-specific HIF-responsive promoter. Cancer Gene Therapy 18, 123-34.
- Cherry, T., Longo, S.L., Tovar-Spinoza, Z., and Post, D.E. (2010) Second-generation HIF-activated oncolytic adenoviruses with improved replication, oncolytic, and anti-tumor efficacy. Gene Therapy 17, 1430-41.
- Post, D.E. and Van Meir, E.G. (2009) The development of targeted cancer gene-therapy adenoviruses for high-grade glioma treatment. CNS cancer: models, markers, prognostic factors, targets, and therapeutic approaches. Van Meir, E.G. (ed), Springer, Secaucus, NJ, pgs. 1137-64.
- Post, D.E., Sandberg, E., Kyle, M.M., Devi, N.S., Brat, D.J., Xu, Z., Tighiouart, M., and Van Meir, E.G. (2007) Targeted cancer-gene therapy using a HIF-dependent oncolytic adenovirus armed with interleukin-4. Cancer Research 67, 6872-81.
- Post, D.E., Shim, H., Toussaint-Smith, E., and Van Meir, E.G. (2005) Cancer scene investigation: how a cold virus became a cancer killer. Future Oncology 1, 247-258.
- Post, D.E., Devi, N.S., Li, Z., Zhang, Z., Brat, D.J., Kaur, B., Nicholson, A., Olson, J.J., Zhang, Z., and Van Meir, E.G. (2004) Cancer therapy with a replicating oncolytic adenovirus targeting the hypoxic microenvironment of tumors. Clin. Cancer Res. 10, 8603-12.
- Chu R., Post D.E., Khuri F. andVan Meir E.G. (2004) Use of replicative oncolytic adenoviruses in combination therapy for cancer. Clin. Cancer Res. 52, 5299-312.
- Post, D.E., Fulci, G., Chiocca, E.A., and Van Meir, E.G. (2004) Replicative oncolytic herpes simplex viruses in combination cancer therapies. Current Gene Therapy 4, 41-51.
- Post, D.E. and Van Meir, E.G.(2003) A novel hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) activated oncolytic adenovirus for cancer therapy. Oncogene 22, 2065-72.
- Post, D.E. and Van Meir, E.G. (2001) Generation of bidirectional hypoxia/HIF-responsive expression vectors to target gene expression to hypoxic cells. Gene Therapy 8, 1801-07.