Karen L Teelin, MD, MSEd
- Instructor of Pediatrics
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pediatrics: Adolescent, General Pediatric Division
Education & Fellowships
- MD: University of Massachusetts Medical Center, 2008
1) Adolescent medicine including fatigue, headaches, abdominal pain, eating disorders, anxiety, depression, and adolescent gynecology, including contraception.
2) General Pediatrics
3) Urgent Care
Medical student and resident education in pediatrics and adolescent medicine
STD screening in adolescents, LARC use in adolescents
Specialties & Certification
- Adolescent Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (NASPAG)
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
HealthLinkOnAir Radio Interview9/2/12 The ABC's of teen sexuality
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/teelink
Sue Stearns, PhD, is an associate professor of cell and developmental biology, and one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Read more about Stearns' take on our Anatomy course's popularity.