Gloria A Kennedy, MD
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Pediatrics: Hematology and Oncology
- Upstate Cancer Center: Pediatrics
Research Programs and Affiliations
- Water's Center for Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders (Pediatric Hematology/Oncology)
Upstate Cancer Center
Google Maps & Directions
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship: SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, 1995, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Residency: SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, 1992, Pediatrics
- MD: SUNY Upstate Medical Center, 1989
Although I treat all types of children's cancer and blood disorders, my special interests include pediatric brain tumors and their long term follow up as well as pediatric graduate medical education.
Treatment of pediatric brain tumors.
Improving feedback to and evaluations of pediatric residents.
Specialties & Certification
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Diseases & Conditions Treated
- Bleeding Disorders
- Childhood Cancers
- Blood Transfusion
- Bone Marrow Aspiration
- Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Clinical Trials
- Genetic Testing
- Infusional Therapies
- Lumbar Puncture
- Radiation Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplantation
- ASPHO American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- National Hemophilia Foundation
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/kennedgl
Sue Stearns, PhD, is an associate professor of cell and developmental biology, and one of four faculty members who teach Gross Anatomy to first-year medical students at SUNY Upstate. Students routinely cite this course as a favorite.
Read more about Stearns' take on our Anatomy course's popularity.