AMCAS: Applications must be submitted to AMCAS by October 15.
Upstate: Applications to the College of Medicine must be complete by December 1.
SUNY ESF Rural Medical Program
106 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210
Website: SUNY ESF
This program seeks high school students with excellent academic records. Preference will be given to those applicants which best fulfill the following criteria:
- Comes from a rural community in New York state
- Has an excellent high school GPA (minimum 90% average)
- Has extra-curricular activities which document some experience in a healthcare setting and a commitment to service work
- Has SAT scores of 1250 or better (combined Critical Reading & Math) or ACT score of 28 Composite or better
- Can be considered to be disadvantaged or from a background which makes it unlikely they would compete for admission to medical school through a traditional route
Acceptance into these programs indicates your willingness to participate in the Rural Medical Scholars Program (RMSP). You will therefore be assigned to the RMSP track as a medical student at SUNY Upstate Medical University.