Special Admissions Options—
515 Loudon Road,
Loudonville, NY 12211
Website: Siena College
This program seeks high school students with excellent academic records. Preference will be given to those applicants which best fulfill the following criteria:
- Comes from a rural community in New York state
- Has an excellent high school GPA (minimum 90% average)
- Has extra-curricular activities which document some experience in a healthcare setting and a commitment to service work
- Has SAT scores of 1250 or better (combined Critical Reading & Math) or ACT score of 28 Composite or better
- Can be considered to be disadvantaged or from a background which makes it unlikely they would compete for admission to medical school through a traditional route
Acceptance into these programs indicates your willingness to participate in the Rural Medical Scholars Program (RSMP). You will therefore be assigned to the RMSP track as a medical student at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
David B. Duggan, MD, MACP
Dean, College of Medicine
I am particularly honored to serve as Dean of the College of Medicine. As an alumnus of the Class of 1979 and a member of the faculty since 1986, I have been extraordinarily pleased at the growth of the Medical School over this time and proud of the work of its faculty and graduates.