AMCAS: Applications must be submitted to AMCAS by October 15.
Upstate: Applications to the College of Medicine must be complete by December 1.
Clarkson University Rural Medical Program
Website: Clarkson University Admissions Office
Clarkson University and Upstate Information
This program seeks high school students with excellent academic records. Preference will be given to those applicants which best fulfill the following criteria:
- Comes from a rural community in New York state
- Has an excellent high school GPA (minimum 90% average)
- Has extra-curricular activities which document some experience in a healthcare setting and a commitment to service work
- Has SAT scores of 1250 or better (combined Critical Reading & Math) or ACT score of 28 Composite or better
- Can be considered to be disadvantaged or from a background which makes it unlikely they would compete for admission to medical school through a traditional route
Acceptance into these programs indicates your willingness to participate in the Rural Medical Scholars Program (RMSP). You will therefore be assigned to the RMSP track as a medical student at SUNY Upstate Medical University.