- Masters of Public Health (MPH)
- Certificate of Advanced Study in Public Health
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Medicine/Doctor of Philosophy (MD/PhD)
- Doctor of Medicine/Master of Public Health (MD/MPH)
- Full-time: 457
- Part-time: 207
- Volunteer: 1,991
Residency Match: 98.7%
USMLE Pass Rates
- Step 1: 99%
- Step 2: 99%
(New York residents)
Financial AidAbout 85% of students share more than $20 million
SUNY Upstate conducts more than $40 million in funded research covering hundreds of basic science and clinical research projects. The university has positioned itself as a top-tier research enterprise in areas such as vision, cancer, neuroscience and stem cell research.
Our College of Medicine students who are interested in research have a variety of options, ranging from combined programs such as the MD/PhD to individual elective courses.
Here's a sampling:
- MD/PhD: a seven-year program combining medical school and graduate studies in the biomedical sciences. Students enjoy a full tuition waiver and a competitive stipend.
- Summer Research: opportunities at Upstate and elsewhere, for academic credit or a stipend.
- Electives: a choice of many research-oriented electives for third- and fourth-year medical students.