How to Apply
Students interested in applying for entrance to the MD/MPH Program at the SUNY Upstate Medical University will need to have completed all of the requirements for admission to the College of Medicine as outlined in the admissions package. Prospective applicants will submit their AMCAS application indicating the combined MD/MPH degree option and follow the regular AMCAS application process outlined on the College of Medicine admissions homepage.
Once selected for an interview, applicants will be asked to complete a supplemental application with an MPH essay and 2 additional letters of recommendations from people familiar with their public health interest.
- Deadline to apply to AMCAS: October 15th
- Deadline for a complete application: December 1st
- Deadline for current MD students who wish to apply: April 30th
Current Upstate MD students who wish to apply to the MD/MPH program during their second year of Medical School should follow these instructions:
- Go to My Upstate
- Click on the Home tab
- Click on Apply for Another Upstate Program
- Click on Complete or Update Application
- Complete and Submit Application to the MPH Program
Current Upstate students are not required to submit transcripts unless any courses have been completed at another college since the time of your original application.