Course Work Outline
With a focus on Public Health Practice and Policy, the MPH curriculum prepares graduates to address the public health challenges and opportunities of our times and to assume leadership roles that will actively engage them in improving the health of communities for the future.
Full-time and Part-time study are offered.
The MPH degree is a minimum of 42 credit hours
15 credits are Core Courses, 3 credits each:
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Principles of Biostatistics
- Principles of Environmental Health
- Social and Behavioral Dimensions of Public Health
- Public Health Administration
12 credits are Program-Specific Courses.
- Public Health Practice
- Public Health Policy
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Mixed Methods Research in Public Health or Survey Research Methods in Public Health or Health Services Outcomes Research (students must choose one course)
6 credits are Field Placement and Culminating Experience
9 credits are electives